|Wacky Wayne LaPierre|
Josh Horwitz of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence says that although National Rifle Assn. (NRA) CEO Wayne LaPierre wants us to believe gun guys make the rules, the Founding Fathers “ratified the Constitution to obviate the need for political violence.” What wacky Wayne and his lackeys have turned this into is a drive to put guns in the hands of anyone who wants them and allow them to carry their weapons anywhere they want. This keeps gun nuts like Nugent happy.
- 26 — Percentage of Americans who favor a handgun ban, a record low, according to a 2011 Gallup Poll.
- 47 — Percentage of Americans who told Gallup in 2011 that they had at least one gun at home.
- 40 — Percentage of guns sold through unlicensed, private sellers.
- 310 million — Total number of nonmilitary firearms in the United States as of 2009.
- $75 or less — Retail price of a low-caliber handgun.
- 11,493 — Homicides by firearm in 2009.
- 150,000 — Brady Act background checks in 2009 that led to the rejection of a potential gun buyer’s application.
CSGV asked National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) General Counsel Larry Keane if he felt that individual Americans had a right to shoot and kill government officials in response to what they personally perceived as ‘”tyranny,” Keane tweeted back at us plaintively, “Just like the Jews in the ghettos of Warsaw? The South Sudanese? Kurds? The American colonists?” That pretty much says it all for the gun nuts.