With most politicians, particularly the GOP, you can never tell what they stand for, and if you did, it would conveniently change the next day. Enter Bernie Sanders, who hasn’t changed his positions on the issues he supports since, well, the first days of his political career. I have collected a number of my blogs on this subject here. But Alternet has come up with a great assortment of crucial topics making the claim that most politicians lie about them…but not Bernie Sanders.
- Bernie Sanders says that many in the banking system are too big to fail and should be broken up.
- Sanders supports the Affordable Care Act or Obamacare but thinks it doesn’t go far enough. He wants to establish a nationwide, government-operated single-payer system like Sweden.
- Thumbs down on the Trans Pacific Partnership, primarily because of the loss of jobs.
- He’s hell-bent on changing the growing inequality, exclaiming that the more the American middle-class erodes, the less spending power it has.
- Raise the minimum wage; it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.
These are the top five and the remaining five are just as important to Progressives. It will be interesting in the coming months just how important these ten issues become for the 2016 election.