The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) reports that over “300 incidents of harassment or intimidation have been reported following Donald Trump’s election Tuesday night.” And, according to NBC, the reports continue to come in mostly from K-12 schools and on university campuses. In many cases the Trump campaign was featured in the incident. It’s bad enough that Trump’s uneducated redneck adults do this but K-12 through college? Pathetic!
Messages like, “Trump Nation, Whites Only.” Another, a white male threatens to set a female Muslim on fire. Again a message, along with a swastika, “Heil Trump” and “F– Church” were spray painted on the walls of an Episcopal church. Back to the segregated South, “Colored” and “Whites Only” signs were placed above drinking fountains at First Coast High School in Jacksonville, Florida. “Make America White Again” message shortly after Trump victory.
The Huff Post reports on 13 incidents during the election when Donald Trump was an out-and-out racist. Among them:
- He attacked Muslim Gold Star parents
- In fact, discrimination against black people has been a pattern in his career
- He refused to condemn the white supremacists who are campaigning for him
- He condoned the beating of a Black Lives Matter protester
- He stereotyped Jews and shared an anti-Semitic meme created by white supremacists