Koch Bros. ill-gotten gains
In yesterday’s post, we covered the way Koch Industries, run by Charles Koch, is able to weasel its way through its unethical and illegal business dealings to produce record profits to line the pockets of Charles, and his brother David, plus two other brothers who have disassociated themselves from the business due to its shady practices. The latter, alone, is a major indication of the sleaziness of this operation when half of the family wants nothing to do with it. Get this…
- “Since 1960, the company brags, the value of Koch Industries has grown 4,200-fold, outpacing the Standard & Poor’s index by nearly 30 times.”
And then a significant portion of these ill-gotten gains is being directed toward the election of national and local politicians who will do Charles Koch’s bidding. According to Rolling Stone…
- “Koch-affiliated organizations raised some $400 million during the 2012 election, and aim to spend another $290 million to elect Republicans in this year’s midterms. So far in this cycle, Koch-backed entities have bought 44,000 political ads to boost Republican efforts to take back the Senate.”
Dumb-founded Koch Bros. don’t have a clue
What is so incredulous about these two brothers, especially Charles, is that they really believe they have done nothing wrong in neither their business dealings nor their political activities. This is downright scary and to me means that they are either the craftiest tacticians in their field or the two stupidest individuals in the universe. I really can’t say which, but no matter, they are having a devastating effect on American politics, and with the current situation at hand, the damage done could last for years to come. But Charles and David Koch have great disdain for Donald Trump, having this to say in Vanity Fair…
- “After spending hundreds of millions of dollars reshaping the G.O.P. in their image over the past decade, the brothers chose to keep their checkbooks closed during the 2016 election, with Charles likening the choice between the former reality-TV-show host and Hillary Clinton to choosing between a heart attack or cancer.”
Watch this video for more on the Koch Bros. want list:
Bernie Sanders has come up with a Koch Bros. “Want List,” and he is quick to point out the fact that they could very
Bernie Sander’s Koch Bros. want list
well get what they want based almost primarily on the passage of the “…disastrous Citizens United Supreme Court decision, billionaires and large corporations can now spend an unlimited amount of money to influence the political process.” Bernie considers Charles and David Koch as, perhaps, the biggest “winners” in this decision, something that is validated regularly by the amount of money they pour into conservative politics. $400 million in 2012 and $290 million for the 2018 midterms. But what exactly do these bloodsucker’s want…
- Urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic [their word] Federal Election Commission.
- Abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Favor the deregulation of the medical insurance industry.
- Repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive [their words] Social Security system.
- Oppose all personal and corporate income taxation, including capital gains taxes.
- Support the eventual repeal of all taxation.
- All criminal and civil sanctions against tax evasion should be terminated immediately.
- Support repeal of minimum wage laws.
- Condemn compulsory education laws … and call for the immediate repeal of such laws.
- Abolition of the Environmental Protection Agency, Dept. of Energy and Transportation
- Closure of other governmental facilities like Federal Aviation Administration and Federal Drug Administration.
There is much more of the above that I urge you to read on Bernie Sander’s site where he closes with…
“… the agenda of the Koch brothers is not only to defund Obamacare. The agenda of the Koch brothers is to repeal every major piece of legislation that has been signed into law over the past 80 years that has protected the middle class, the elderly, the children, the sick, and the most vulnerable in this country.”
Doomed if we don’t
If the American public does not wise up, especially those of you not too lazy to get out and vote, we will soon have a country run by radical conservatives like the Koch Bros., who want it all for themselves and are willing to let the 99% dangle at the edge of the precipice until we are no longer strong enough to fight for ourselves. And that’s not far off.